The workshops are run by two professional actors, one leading the discussion with the students, as well as joining the other to perform extracts from the plays. We give students an opportunity to see Shakespeare performed live rather than just read as a text. This not only enthuses their interest in the work but also deepens their understanding of the language. After all, Shakespeare wrote his plays to be staged not just studied.
Workshops we regularly deliver:
- Macbeth: Focus on Lady Macbeth and Macbeth’s relationship
- Romeo and Juliet: Is it fate or bad fortune?
- Hamlet: Focus on soliloquies and character development
- Workshops to help students speak the text on any play
- Bespoke workshops can be written for all of Shakespeare’s plays